Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on the letting of subcontracts & handle all related contractual issues
- Assist with the recruitment and management of a full team of quantity surveyors and commercial staff which may reach around 70 at is peak on site.
- Advise on methods of resolving contractual issues
- Management of variations & applications for payment & to ensure that they are issued on time & that entitlements are protected
- Accurately monitor expected performance and financial return on all projects and report progress V targets to senior management at regular intervals.
- Hold regular positive and productive progress meetings with the casino client and their representatives in order to maintain good relations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Major build project experience is essential ideally in mixed use construction and including towers and podium construction
- Previous experience in a QS or Senior QS level role is essential
- Macau, Hong Kong or Asia experience desired although some international/overseas experience would be satisfactory
- A proven strong but diplomatic management style is needed to ensure commercial clarity & progress is maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Strong communication skills and previous experience in a senior or management role is needed along with strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills
- Macau ID or HKID advantageous but not essential
- A degree level formal qualification in quantity surveying, commercial management or another relevant field is highly desirable
- A professional qualification such as MRICS, HKIS, MCIOB, MInstCES, ACIArb etc would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details on this major contracting employer will be provided to shortlisted applicants