Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise and manage a team of Subcontractors
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- The ability to work well in a team is an absolute must, as are demonstrable leadership skills
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Providing estimates and quotations for additional works.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Main Contracting Experience is essential
- Experience on Build projects is strongly preferred
- Degree or relevant qualification is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading global Main Contractor; with many iconic projects all around the world this is an outstanding opportunity to join such a well-known highly recognisable of company.