Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Qatar
This is a great opportunity to join one of the leading employers in Qatar. A Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of working for Blue Chip main contractors is required to fill a vacancies in the company's contracts division.
Projects will typically be up to £150m and within this role, you may be responsible for one larger project or several projects within this range. Projects will all be building related projects rather than civils / Infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager for the Contracts Division and will be responsible for doing a Project QS role on one or more projects at any one time.
- Your role will include day to day responsibility for commercial and contractual issues for specific projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will typically come from a background of working for reputable main contractors working to market leading systems and procedures
- Must have a firm understanding of the QS function and able to work reasonably independently on day-to-day tasks
- A good level of understanding of contractual work and variations
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East region would be an advantage but not essential
- A Degree (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject is essential
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or CIOB would be an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is widely regarded as one of the most reputable and highly regarded employers in Qatar. They are a UK owned main contractor with an established presence in Qatar and a history of delivering signature projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 25k - 30k QAR pm Basic Salary (Tax Free)
- 2 Flights per year
- Private Medical Insurance