Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the procurement process with the relevant construction manager and purchasing department
- Manage all the procurement tools management packages
- To make the tender package based on scope provided by the Project Manager
- Acting as the Project Contracts Manager for the project
- The preparation of subcontractor folders
- The valuation / payment process with clients and subcontractors
- Supporting the team with any contractual matters
- Subcontractor management
- Working with the Project Manager to bring the project in on time with a high level of quality and on budget
Key Tasks and Activities:
- You will be managing others alongside an individual workload
- You will have strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
- Having appropriate technical, legal and commercial knowledge
- Creates and maintains strong relationships internally and externally
- Administer the subcontract procurement process
- Undertake the valuation and final account process
- Provide and monitor cashflow projections
- Administer subcontract agreements
- Manage the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
- Prepare subcontract valuation payments
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in a Main Contractor.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Communicates information and ideas proactively and confidentially in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing. Shares knowledge with others.
- Manages time effectively
- Suitable candidates will have worked on new build RC frame projects from £25m+.
- - Experience working on high end projects is preferable but not essential.
- Degree or other technical qualification is desired
- RICS / CIOB qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a Major Contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a UK turnover that is growing year on year.