Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare the Cost / Value Reconciliation reports accurately and, in accordance with Company procedure.
- Prepare and agree Interim Valuations on time each month to the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Prepare and agree Final Accounts with Clients / Architects / Quantity Surveyor.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Agree Final Accounts with sub-contractors in accordance with company procedure under direction of Line Manager.
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts as directed by Line Manager at the commencement of the project and monthly thereafter, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
- To assist in the resolution of contractual disputes, disagreements and potential issues.
- Maintain control of sub-contractors accounts and minimize the cost of any variations.
- Prepare subcontractor payments.
- Attend design meetings and provide cost advice to the technical coordinator.
- Attend site meetings.
- Deal with client’s solicitors on the Company’s behalf in order to finalise section agreements, ensuring our position is protected.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has previously carried out lead QS duties on housing projects, preferably within social housing and extra care.
- Produces quality work of a high standard.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Manages time effectively, is able to plan and prioritise workload and meet deadlines without the need for prompting.
- Works well with others, builds positive and friendly relationships within and across teams, supporting colleagues when necessary.
- Behaves professionally in all dealings with clients, consultants, work colleagues, suppliers, subcontractors and the public showing respect towards others.
- Degree qualified
- Knowledge of JCT Suite of Contracts
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.