Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Providing estimates and quotations for additional works.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
- Margin Analysis reports.
- Commercial Analysis (final margin) forecasts and Cost to Complete forecasts
- Cash Flow forecasts
- Turnover forecasts
- De-brief reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Main Contracting Experience is essential
- Shown Experience of either Refurbishment or New Build works on Build or Infrastructure projects is essential.
- Degree or relevant qualification is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with an annual turnover exceeding £1bn, and over 4,000 staff. They are a construction group delivering industry leading performance in constructing a sustainable future.