Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a reputable, consultancy firm to provide cost and commercial duties on many exciting projects in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Remote working option is available.
Applications are welcome from experienced Quantity Surveyor candidates from client side or professional quantity surveying background within Canada or from Loan Monitoring professionals who are committed to coming to work in Victoria.
The successful candidate will be working on many of Victoria’s exciting new development projects. Remote working option is available for suitable Senior Quantity Surveyor candidates.
You will provide a range of technical expertise to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Quantity Surveyor will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing cost plans
- Preparing cash flow projection
- Assessing the project budget and time schedules
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements
- Checking designs in the context of budget preparation
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Reporting on, measuring and valuing variations
- Performing site inspections
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Interacting with consultants and trade contractors in a professional manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or similar background and will be able to demonstrate evidence of managing projects independently.
Candidates with less experience, are also welcome as they can be considered for Intermediate Quantity Surveyor role.
Must be able to demonstrate experience and capability of carrying out cost and commercial duties, and willingness to learn and improve.
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is desired
- Professional membership of the RICS, CIQS, PQS or a similar equivalent professional body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer that provides an outstanding development and cost management service and is a construction and property consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Full details of this exceptional cost and loan monitoring consultancy and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic salary range up to c$120,000 negotiable dependant on experience
- Package – to be confirmed with suitable candidates