Senior Quantity Surveyor - Rail
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a first class global consultancy in their rail division in central London. You will need to be a Quantity Surveyor with a “go-getter” attitude and be able to be flexible within the business as there will be opportunities provided to work on different types of projects in the rail and infrastructure sectors with different clients as you progress.
You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor initially working on projects in the rail sector, with signalling and rolling stock being a key focus of your role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service
- You will be managing the commercial activities on major work-streams, projects and programmes to deliver commercial control.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of commissions in line with objectives and contracted stage of work
- Planning, delivery and management of all procurement activities to deliver contracts and frameworks
- Management of estimating and cost planning
- Management of construction, engineering, supply and service contracts.
- Formulation of negotiation parameters, analysis and interpretation of commercial data to enable successful negotiation.
- Identifying and assessing potential risks to commercial agreements and supplier performance
- Working as the commercial lead on selected commissions
- Managing team development and acting as a mentor to junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Signalling experience or rolling stock experience
- Consultancy or Contractor experience are both considered
- General rail experience in any of the above capacities
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering or similar
- Chartership is preferred but not essential if experience closely matches the role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction consultancy that operates in all construction sectors across the world.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a market leading salary and package