Senior Quantum Consultant
One of the most exciting and rapidly growing quantum and delay expert witness consultancies is seeking to hire a Senior Consultant for their Quantum division, to be based out of their Lancashire office.
In this role, you will work alongside some of the most experienced professionals in the expert advisory sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the global leading expert advisory consultancies and take the first step towards a career in construction disputes.
The client is working with a prestigious domestic and international client base, offering the successful candidate the opportunity to work on some exciting global disputes over the next few years.
Whilst being based out of the Lancashire office, you will work in disputes for domestic and international projects. The client offers a variety of advisory and expert services to help their client base understand their true position when it comes to their contract and can support them through dispute proceeding.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will operate in a team of quantum professionals, often providing support to one or more of the businesses Directors and Experts on one or more assignments.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Providing advisory services to client on a variety of contractual and dispute related matters
- Forensically analysing large quantities of date, dissecting it, presenting it in a clear format or report
- Supporting a Quantum expert witness with quantum analysis and drafting sections of reports
- Gathering information relating to disputes
- Liaising with the client’s management and legal teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong background in a commercial role, dealing with a variety of complex projects and contracts.
- Strong exposure to preparing for formal dispute proceedings including adjudication. Arbitration and/or litigation.
- Experience of working with legal professionals. This could either be, inhouse or external law firms or legal teams in the preparation of quantum reports for disputes.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to forensically review large quantities of data relating to disputes.
- Strong IT skills. Particularly on MS Excel and MS Word.
- A clear motivation to have a specialist career in construction disputes
- Strong client-facing skills
- Full member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Degree qualified in a relevant construction subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a rapidly expanding specialist disputes consultancy, offering quantum, delay and technical expertise to clients in the global construction market.
They can offer successful candidates a fantastic career in construction disputes, working alongside some of the most reputable experts in the UK. You will gain exposure to an enviable variety of disputes related work on projects all around the World, whilst being based in their Lancashire office.
The company have fully embraced flexible working and much of this role can be carried out remotely, however candidates (particularly at this level) must be willing to do regular days in the office to help their learning and development. Therefore, candidates living roughly in a 1-2 hour radius of the office are desired.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £65k Basic Salary
+ Lucrative bonus scheme
+ other Benefits