Senior Safety Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Senior Project Safety Manager to join a well established international contractor in HK. Surely an opportunity one can’t miss!
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be expected to execute and maintain the Health and Safety Management System of the project’s division.
- Make sure the offices and the project construction sites comply with the safety standards at all times.
- Any major accidents that occur will be investigated by you and reported accordingly.
- Conduct high risk method statement audits and also to organize drills in preparation for possible incidents.
- Give knowledgeable advice to senior management and others regarding health and safety issues.
- Ensure smoothly progression of projects and in accordance to local OHS standards and regulations
- Manage site teams of ongoing projects and build liaison with client
- Monitor daily operations on site and identify any potential risks
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years’ working experience in construction safety, 5 years of which shall be at Safety Manager level;
- Experience in risk assessment and safety audit;
- Strong sense of safety awareness;
- Strong understanding and experience of construction processes;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Cantonese;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal management and leadership skills
- Degree holder in Safety Management or related subjects;
- Registered Safety Officer and Registered Safety Auditor;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major player in the construction industry. Based in Asia, it has an enviable pipeline of civils and build projects and is looking for quality addition to the company.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive packages will be provided for the right candidates.