Senior Safety Officer
Summary of Senior Safety Officer Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
Our client seeks an experienced Senior Safety Officer to join their expanding team in Hong Kong working on one of the largest structural steel projects in the region. An excellent role with a company that is offering a great package for the right candidate who possesses experience in structural steel and site based projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be expected to execute and maintain the Health and Safety Management System of the project’s division.
- Make sure the offices and the project construction sites comply with the safety standards at all times.
- Any major accidents that occur will be investigated by you and reported accordingly.
- Conduct high risk method statement audits and also to organize drills in preparation for possible incidents.
- Give knowledgeable advice to senior management and others regarding health and safety issues.
- Ensure smoothly progression of projects and in accordance to local OHS standards and regulations
- Manage site teams of ongoing projects and build liaison with client
- Monitor daily operations on site and identify any potential risks
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be a Registered Safety Officer in Hong Kong
- Relevant safety experience in rail projects is much preferred
- Environmental management experience is advantageous
- Fluent in spoken English and Cantonese
- Immediate availability is highly desirable
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering with safety capacity is needed
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a well known company that specializes in power generation such as electrical energy and transport infrastructure developments. They dominate the market worldwide with favourable clients in Europe, and their global outreach has proved very successful. An opportunity to work with them will ensure excellent career development in an exciting and booming market.