Senior Technical Assurance Engineer
Civil engineering recruitment continues to thrive in UK. We are working with a top-tier UK based civil engineering and rail contractor, to recruit a high calibre Senior Technical Assurance Engineer to assist in delivering the assurance and certification strategy for their flagship JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London.
The Technical Assurance Senior Engineer will be responsible for planning the assurance and certification strategy for several Design and Construction Work Packages and agreeing the acceptance criteria with HS2, enabling them and to accept that the requirements and design intent being delivered by the SCSJV and its subcontractors meet the needs and objectives of HS2 and DfT as sponsor.
The Technical Assurance Senior Engineer will work closely with the other Area and Core Technical Assurance Managers, Requirements Manager and key technical leads within the project team to define work package requirement sets, along with planning the appropriate verification & validation methods to demonstrate compliance. The Technical Assurance Senior Engineer will support further activities relating to Technical Assurance, Configuration and Technical Change Management.
The Technical Assurance (TA) team are responsible for capturing, developing and demonstrating compliance to Stakeholder requirements, facilitating configuration and technical change management, and managing technical assurance activities to achieve self-assured delivery of the project.
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high-speed services.
The JV is delivering the HS2 Main Civils and tunnels contracts with a combined value of around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the development of Technical Assurance Plans for specific Work Packages in collaboration with work package managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders and the employer.
- Manage collaboratively and effectively with project delivery teams, project leadership, clients, sub-contractors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders.
- Review of the quality and completeness of assurance packs and TA artifacts (e.g. Task information deliverables plan, Configuration status report, Verification and validation matrix and Level 3 certificates) facilitating completion of project lifecycle stage gate.
- Manage progress reviews, tracking and reporting of assured deliverables and associated certification to meet programme.
- Manage assessment of TA readiness to proceed to interdisciplinary design reviews and project lifecycle stage gates.
- Manage presentation of Area West stage gate assurance packs for Level 3 lifecycle stage gate SCS/HS2 acceptance panels.
- Manage guidance and mentoring to design and construction teams on what they have do to achieve HS2 Technical Assurance.
- Manage regular progress reviews, tracking and reporting of assured deliverables and associated certification to meet programme.
- Manage the identification and decomposition of new and existing requirements.
- Manager the production and submissions of compliance matrices to support the technical design assurance process.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the technical assurance strategy, processes and systems, capturing lessons learnt.
- Deliver technical assurance communications such as staff briefings and technical assurance awareness training etc.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of management and leadership of teams.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to problems solve and work flexibly.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively communicate technical assurance and system engineering concepts to variety of audiences.
- Awareness of the various disciplines involved in delivering major projects, their roles and responsibilities and their relationship to assurance.
- Good information management and analytical skills, able to efficiently seek out the relevant and pertinent points from volumes of project information.
- Relevant CSCS Card / SMSTS.
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills are a must, along with working as part of a team promoting our JV culture and values.
- Engineering Degree / HND or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Construction careers don't get better than this! The successful Senior Technical Assurance Engineer candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project.
This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2). The value of the project is around £2billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working. Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful Senior Technical Assurance Engineer candidate