Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure that the Company gets the best out of its sub-contractors and suppliers, by proper selection and management in conjunction with the Project team.
- To consult with all disciplines, i.e. Surveying, Design Management, Buying, Planning, HR, Safety & Environment, to provide effective management of contracts.
- To plan, organise, control and co-ordinate the Project or Section of the Project to a satisfactory safe completion.
- To ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required to achieve the aims of the Project team.
- To protect the Company’s interest via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence with the Client, Design Team and sub contractors.
- To actively monitor and supervise subordinate site staff’s performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency thus ensuring the competence of site staff.
- To ensure that the design process is effectively managed and sufficiently advanced to satisfactorily procure all necessary sub-contractors and materials in liaison with the Design, Commercial and Buying teams.
- Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings with all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
- Where appropriate to work closely with members of the commercial team to produce the sub contract procurement schedule and to sign off all subcontract orders in accordance with the latest procurement procedures.
- To ensure that focus is maintained on the forecast final financial position, including prelims, sub contractor non-recoverable and day works, risk and opportunity schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have experience working with a main contractor in similar roles
- You will have a relevant qualification
- You will have experience on shell & core packages
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.