Site Manager x 2
A Site Manager with experience of working on complex building projects in excess of £2m is required to work for a construction company that specialise in working on listed buildings in the UK. This is very interesting and niche work within the construction industry and candidates with previous experience on such listed buildings are particularly desired, although this is not essential.
The successful candidate will join an interesting and highly professional company who typically operate as a Management Contractor on some of the most interesting projects in the country. The company work exclusively on listed buildings and projects include:
- Residential Properties
- College / University Buildings
- Stately Homes
- Tourist landmarks
- Government Buildings
The locations of these projects could be anywhere in the UK. Therefore candidates applying for this role must be prepared to travel and work lodge away on occasion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will act as the lead contact site contact for the business on one or more projects at any one time. Your role as Site Manager will see you work in a management contractor role, responsible for:
- Overall Management of Sub-contractors
- Client Liaising
- Ultimate responsibility for sticking to the agreed programme
- Ensuring quality of work is to the highest standards
- Regular reporting internally and externally to the client
- Ensuring Health & Safety procedures are carried out on site
Your time will be largely spent split between site(s) and the office which is based in Birmingham.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have experience of working as Site Manager or Project Manager on projects in excess of £2m
- Previous experience of working in a management contractor role would be advantageous
- Previous experience of working on listed buildings is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong experience of managing sub-contractors
- Excellent communication skills and capable of communicating effectively at a high level with the client
- Candidates will need strong IT skills
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject is desired, but may not be essential for candidates with previous experience on listed buildings
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a highly reputable company in this niche area of the construction industry. They have an exciting portfolio of current and completed listed building projects including some of the most recognisable landmark buildings in the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k - £65k Salary + Benefits + Expenses