Structural Design Engineer
An dynamic niche Hong Kong based international structural engineering consultancy company is currently looking for a professionally experienced Structural Design Engineer to join their team in Hong Kong. The successful candidate would be joining an established office in Hong Kong who are currently working on the regions most prestigious projects, with opportunities for the right candidate to work on leading projects throughout South East Asia.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take a leading role in technical delivery and reviewing the design of projects.
- Handling both permanent works and temporary works design, design checking & temporary works design management.
- Involvement in the management of sub contractors and suppliers.
- Manage and mentor junior engineers in project quality, cost control and project planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with a wide range of building structural design would be ideal.
- Strong understanding of engineering first principals and ability to demonstrate design effectiveness.
- Good team skills acquired by working in a collaborative environment with other design and construction professionals.
- Previous Hong Kong experience is advantageous but not essential to the right candidate.
- Proven track record of project management experience is an advantage.
- Degree holder in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartership with HKIE, ICE, IStructE or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major engineering consultancy company operating in Hong Kong. They are recruiting teams of engineers, quantity surveyors and related professional construction staff for their projects in Hong Kong to work on a range of major building construction projects and civil engineering projects.