Technical Centre Manager
Summary of Technical Centre Manager Job Vacancy - Asia Pacific (based in Singapore)
Managers, are you ready for a great career opportunity?
An experienced Technical Centre Manager is required to join an international based Contractor in Asia. Reporting to the Group Technical Officer, the successful applicant will be based in Singapore and manage the Asia-Pacific Technical Centre. With the expanding scopes of business, this will be a great chance for your career development.
Responsibilities and Duties
Runs and manage the Technical Centre Asia-Pacific with the objective to offer the best possible technical services to clients during pretender, tender and execution phase of projects for:
- permanent work: mostly alternatives for bridges in prestressed concrete, but also for special structures in prestressed concrete like tanks, silos, digesters, towers etc.
- temporary work: (design/detailing of steel and mechanical, hydraulic, electrical equipment): bridge deck erection equipment, false work and formwork for bridge deck construction, temporary work for heavy lifting etc.
METHODS / TEMPORARY WORK:
- definition of construction methods including scheduling and costing of temporary work and special plants (steel and equipment) for major projects (construction of bridge decks, building frames, immersed tunnels, wind farms etc) .
- technical support for Systems including: Post
- Tensioning Systems; Stay-Cable Systems; Dampers; Construction Equipment etc.
- technical support to Major Equipment Operations Permitting system which governs the operation of specialist equipment for bridge and major structure construction.
- Manages the Technical Centre to ensure that:
- the necessary mix of expertise is maintained and developed (Principle Engineers, Senior Engineers, Engineers, Junior Engineers, Drafting, Administrative Support)
- procedures are implemented and maintained
- technical risks are identified and managed
- business development and construction operations are successfully supported
- Frequent travel around Asia Pacific region and occasional travel to other regions are required
Desired Skills and Experience
- More than 20 years of experience in a structural engineering environment, with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior management position overseeing a technical or design office
- Must have experience in foundations, bridges and tunnels projects
- Excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Self motivated and dynamic with a proven ability to work in a demanding environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Chinese speaking skill will be an advantage
- Degree qualified in construction management/civil/structural engineering or related field
- Memberships of relevant professional institutions such as MCIOB, MHKIE etc.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a world leader in specialist construction engineering techniques. They have built a global reputation for design and engineering innovation, and gained through years of delivering complex construction projects. With a wealth of projects to work on and the support in continuous training and learning, it can provide a driven individual a great career path.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary with gratuity
- flexible working hours
- high-profile projects
- excellent exposure
- international company with open-minded culture