Technical Director, Civil
A global engineering, management and development consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Technical Director - Civil, & Structure to join their leadership team and play a pivotal role in growing a regional team and delivering a regional sector business strategy
Reporting to the Transport Environment Sector Leader, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership for our civil & structure team. You will thrive on technical challenge. You will embrace both developing one-off solutions for unique conditions and in achieving cost-effective quality designs through efficient deployment of professional staff and software in the more commonplace situations.
Primarily, your expertise will be in planning and design; you will nevertheless have sound experience of the project implementation phase, through to commissioning, testing and hand-over.
You will demonstrate high technical standards and will have the ambition to be recognised for technical excellence within the business and among their client base. This will be matched by good commercial awareness and a client-focused outward looking attitude.
As a discipline leader you will enjoy developing a strong team spirit among fellow professionals. You will willingly collaborate with colleagues drawing on and working with the business's global community of civil, structure & transport engineers. Importantly, you will have a passion to help develop the skills and capabilities of colleagues, from graduate level up.
You will have a hands-on technical role. This will be across all civil & structure disciplines, often as team leader, as well as in your primary areas of expertise.
Your primary focus will be on ensuring technical deliverables meet the client requirements and are produced on time and budget. In addition, you will assist develop client relationships, attend business related functions and actively participate in acquiring new work, as both participant and bid leader.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive improvement in project performance across the Sector
- Drive knowledge sharing, standard solutions and innovation through empowering others
- Own technology development in response to client need
- Facilitate coherent resource planning based on strong knowledge of prospect pipelines
- Promote a vibrant health and safety culture and practice
- Promote the client’s culture both internally and externally
- Act as Project Principal on major strategic projects awarded.
- Build senior level Unit and Regional networks with sector clients, partners and competitors
- Act as an ambassador for the business, articulating and representing the vision and value proposition internally and externally, leading the strategic positioning of the business in its chosen markets
- Support and participate in the execution of the global client development strategy to drive organic growth
- Support operational business in enabling the best of our client’s expertise to be delivered in bidding and delivering work, particularly in pursuit of regionally significant opportunities.
- Promote and be a role model for alignment within the Sector and between Sectors
- Champion the practices operating within the Sector
- Support internal business initiatives as necessary in the realms of HR, IT, Finance and other business support areas
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proactive and quality oriented, with a client-centric outlook, together with a high sense of accountability.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting exacting technical standards.
- Exemplary expertise in management of planning and design; experience of both buildings and infrastructure works will be an advantage.
- Good commercial awareness.
- A team player with good communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Able to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and ideally Cantonese.
- Degree in civil engineering or related disciplines
- Chartered member of Hong Kong Institution of Engineers with strong post-chartered experience in infrastructure and other development in Hong Kong.
- Around 20 years or more of relevant experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer with proven experience of successfully engaging with statutory authorities.
- Registered Structural Engineer under the Buildings Ordinance wold be an advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a best in class global engineering, management and development consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction, engineering and built environment across the globe.
An employee owned business with our teams working across multiple sectors covering amongst others residential and commercial buildings, transport, infrastructure, utilities, environment and project management.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate including employee share options.