Technical Director RailRef MAX9022 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Auckland, New Zealand Salary NZ$350-400K Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 14/11/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
Our client is seeking to appoint a professionally registered Technical Design Director with demonstrable experience of major rail projects to join their team to deliver a landmark complex rail project underway in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Technical Design Director is responsible to ensure the project delivers its technical outcomes in terms of railway performance in a timely and cost efficient way.
You will be based full time on the project site in Auckland , New Zealand
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the integration of the Systems Design and Civils Design teams to ensure accountability for all technical decision-making within the alliance to ensure work meets the specific requirements outlined in the Project Alliance Agreement (PAA)
- This role oversees a Design team of 500 – 700 staff both local and international.
- It requires a technical expert who is considered to be a collaborative, motivational leader and is astute with their commercial approach.
- The contract is designed for the Client/ Designer and Constructor to have equal pain/ gain share of profit or loss. It is important that the Technical Director leading the Designers has a big picture approach to project completion, not just the design piece of delivery. There is a requirement for this Technical Director to identify Design cost efficiencies as soon as possible.
- Ensure the Alliance Design team including sub-contractor designers are proactively engaged in the construction to optimise design
- Chair the Civil Systems Design Authority according to the term of reference
- Build relationships between the JV partners and client stakeholders and other approving bodies to ensure all relevant technical aspects are communicated in a timely way to achieve necessary consents and approvals required for the successful completion of the project.
- Achieve industry leading standards for health, safety and wellbeing
- Develop exceptional interfaces and collaborative relationships
- Complete the project on time
- Build a team committed to delivering high performance
- Achieve best value
- Set new benchmarks in sustainable and environmental performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience post qualification in delivery or management of railway systems or projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ project experience in a project leadership team on a project of a similar scope and scale
- Broad technical knowledge of railway technical issues and a solid grounding in operational practices
- Experience in resolution or arbitration of technical issues, chairing or specialist committees and senior executive management teams
- 15+ years in the Infrastructure sector and/or on significant construction projects
- Experience and a track record in similar roles
- Leadership skills with proven ability to work in a complex environment
- Ability to develop constructive relationships with key stakeholders and across diverse teams
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to work under pressure in a fully integrated team environment
- Ability to manage systems improvement projects within budget and timeframe
- Strong proven leadership skills
- Degree qualified in Engineering, professionally registered through an appropriate institution or degree qualified in another equivalent discipline when combined with relevant experience
- Chartered Professional status
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A blue chip Tier 1 global civil engineering contractor with an impressive delivery record of major rail and infra projects is seeking to strengthen its team in Auckland on a major underground rail project.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package comprehensive suite of benefits are available for the successful individual
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend