Technical Sales Manager In Construction
Our client, a global employee centric digitalisation software tech company is seeking to appoint at the very earliest opportunity, an energetic and forward thinking Technical Sales Manager, either from a sales background or a construction background, to build relationships with the Hong Kong construction market to accelerate digitalisation & innovation through its industry leading digitalisation platform. This is a salaried position that includes an uncapped commission structure.
You will be based in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong with occasional international travel and report to the Managing Director.
This is a unique opportunity for an intelligent, solutions orientated engineer or sales person to join a close knit, highly dynamic global sales team and develop strong business development and technical sales growth across Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Initiate and develop relationships with potential clients and educate them about how digitalisation can make construction more efficient, safer and environmentally friendly through technology.
- Work closely with the global technical sales team to identify, target and champion business development and technical sales opportunities.
- Significantly contribute to the ambitious goals the company has set itself for growth within the global market for digitalisation offering Digital Works Supervision Systems ( DWSS ) platforms.
- You will be responsible for identifying and developing technical sales opportunities with new clients as well as maintaining solid relations with existing customers;
- You will gather business intelligence of upcoming major projects and share with the management team;
- Travel to industry events, conferences, to build relationships with prospective clients
- Orchestrate in-person visits to understand prospective clients’ business challenges and goals
- Run product demos to close business
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are ambitious with previous software technical sales experience OR previous experience within the construction industry and are looking to make a career change into the world of technology!.
- You love to build relationships and want to improve the construction industry in HK.
- You have confident and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Your instinct is to understand the challenges that other businesses face and find the right solution for them
- You have a growth mindset and view setbacks as learning opportunities not failures
- You are a native Cantonese speaker with strong English language skills both verbal and written.
- You are an ambassador for the group.
- Degree in relevant discipline (engineering, sales, marketing or equivalent)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a highly successful and progressive global technical software business developing tools designed to monitor the progress of complex projects, providing the easiest way to capture field data, automate reporting and visualise sophisticated analytics. Our client's solutions connects developers with contractors, the field team with head office, and data with analytics. No more time lost to paperwork, compiling reports and in between communications with subcontractors. From now on, focus solely on building and creating values.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- They are a social company whose office culture and work environment is important.
- Flexible working hours including remote working, your performance is not judged by time in the office.
- Macbook Pro / iPad etc provided, they are a software company so you need all the toys!
- They are experiencing rapid growth and currently going through an investment round. You should expect the team around you to grow quickly during a very exciting time!