Technical Sales Manager
An employee centric mining and minerals company is seeking to appoint an energetic and forward thinking Technical Sales Manager for their magnetite product, based in their regional office in Hong Kong.
LKAB Minerals is a high-tech international minerals group, a world leading producer of processed iron ore products for a range of industrial applications, and a growing supplier of mineral products for other industrial sectors. LKAB Minerals is part of LKAB which is the largest and oldest iron ore mining company in Europe.
You will be based in their regional head quarters on Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the Managing Director in Asia, the Technical Sales Manager will work closely with the global technical sales team to identify, target and champion business development and technical sales opportunities whilst managing materials allocation, production planning and global transport.
- You will significantly contribute to the ambitious goals the company has set itself for growth within the global market for Magnetite.
- You will be responsible for identifying and developing technical sales opportunities with new clients as well as maintaining solid relations with existing customers;
- You will gather business intelligence of upcoming major projects particularly within the offshore industry and share with the management team;
- You will develop new client relationships through overseas site visits, product solution presentations, provision of technical advice & support and through the conclusion of business development and technical sales;
- You will work closely with the client to fully appreciate their requirements and engineer a best in class solution which satisfies the client’s requirements, budget and time line.
- You will develop and implement coordinated planning, forecasting and reporting in line with company requirements and company’s overall annual sales strategy and defined goals;
- This is a unique opportunity for an intelligent, solutions orientated engineer to join a close knit, highly dynamic global sales team and develop strong business development and technical sales growth across Pan Asia and the Middle East.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Achievement and action orientated; solutions focussed engineer first and foremost!
- Demonstrable experience in materials science and concrete technology in particular.
- A background in concrete production and testing would be very much of interest!
- Ambitious with 10-15 years’ experience within a business development or technical sales environment.
- Strong business and commercial acumen. A person with ideas!
- Intelligent in application, maturity in approach.
- Self-driven requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills, a strong collaborator.
- Well developed communication, presentation and influencing skills across multi cultural environments.
- Ambassador for the group.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Modern life would be impossible without minerals. LKAB Minerals mine, process and manufacture minerals for every conceivable application. They customise quality minerals for use in the development of industrial applications. They serve customers worldwide via a network of companies across Europe, the USA and Asia.
For the civil engineering and construction industry LKAB Minerals works closely with parent company LKAB where many innovative solutions have been developed over the years like the use of magnetite for high density concrete and radiation shielding.
LKAB Minerals is an industrial client within the mining sector however services many construction industry sectors including dense concrete applications. They offer an employee centric culture, where free flow of communication, ideas and innovative thinking is encouraged throughout the organizational structure. All ideas can be expressed and will be received in a positive and respectful manner. Each employee is valued and considered critical to the organization’s success in delivering its shared vision and mission. Talent will be nurtured by giving each employee an opportunity to grow, learn, develop skills and pursue goals.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- A highly competitive salary and package will be provided to the right candidate.